Can you imagine what it would feel like to never feel any resentment for any wrong done to you? To respond with full awareness to all situations rather than react from your gut? What freedom that would entail! Well, this is just one of the gifts the practice of blessing from the heart, sending out focused love energy, will do for you.
This book, from the bestselling author of The Gentle Art of Blessing, will help you learn to bless all situations and people as you go through the day and add overwhelming joy and presence to your existence.
Excerpts from the foreword by Ervin Laszlo
“We need a new consciousness, and achieving it calls for a leap – a leap of faith as well as of courage. The author of this book offers a shining example of that leap, thanks to a deep and initially traumatic experience he had. Now we, his readers, can accomplish this leap without undergoing a traumatic experience, simply by reading his book and following his example: offering blessings in at least as many of the 365 days of the year as we can…
“We need a new consciousness, and we need to act differently. Instead of revenge we need to practice forgiveness, instead of all-out competition, we need embracing love, and in place of looking for our own advantage in every situation, we need to embrace everyone concerned – and do so unconditionally…
“If your example would catch on and help create a sort of blessing-epidemic in the world, the effort would pay off. It would realize not only the intention of the author of this book, but the intention of well-thinking and ethical people everywhere. Realizing that intention could be our best hope for the future — perhaps our only realistic hope. Read this book and offer your blessings today.”
Blog by Pierre on O Books blog site ~
- I’m relishing your pages for so many reasons. Because you’ve included blessings for specific groups of people -nurses, homeless, politicians, etc. It stirs awareness and care. It draws us closer together and widens the circle of compassion. It includes not only blessings composed by you but also some that come from other individuals and cultural groups provides a variety of voices that enliven the book and encourage me with the idea that the practice of blessing is coming from many corners. That is mighty comforting. The intros you provide for each blessing orient and guide in ways that shed light on the blessings without thwarting a reader’s own creative interpretation and application. The instances where you link the blessor to the blessee bring the practice full circle, reminding us how we are all inextricably intertwined, that we find our own in another’s good, that “what blesses one blesses all.”
~ Bunny McBride, author of By The Light of the Moon
- Blessing is an art and practice desperately needed in our time. Pierre Pradervand’s exploration of blessing—personal, interpersonal, and transpersonal—is a cooling balm for an age bleeding from hot bombs. If you dare to live this book you will be changed on the first and perhaps transformed by the last day.
~ Rabbi Rami Shapiro, author of Perennial Wisdom for the Spiritually Independent and The World Wisdom Bible
- Anyone working to heal personal, societal, world situations, no matter what religious or spiritual path they follow, will benefit immensely from Pierre’s compilation of blessings. There is so much that needs healing in our world, and this is a book that will touch many because it speaks to the heart and gently reminds us of our oneness with the Divine.
~ Fr. Richard Rohr, author and Founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation, Albuquerque, NM
- If we are on an evolving path to realize everything is Consciousness we may well be on an evolving path to also understand that nothing in the world of the Heart is really impossible. These 365 daily challenges remind us of the sheer breadth of the worlds that can be brought into Love by The Gentle Art of Blessing.
~ Kurt Johnson, co-author The Coming Interspiritual Age
- How radically different our world would be if more people used the power they have to bless others rather than engage in the vitriol that has come to define so much of our social discourse. Let this beautiful book by Pierre Pradervand help you cultivate the healing, transformative practice of offering blessing.
~ Rev. Diane Berke, Founder & Spiritual Director, One Spirit Learning Alliance https://www.onespiritinterfaith.org/
- I couldn’t stop reading. From one page to the next, it filled me with such love! What a total blessing it is! On every page you will know what it is to feel deeply blessed and to experience the power and beauty of this to lift you into a great light of love! Pierre Pradervand is a master teacher of the spiritual art of blessing! Your heart will be full! You will feel it! If all those who long for love would learn the art of blessing, it would end loneliness, sadness, and depression forever. And hearts everywhere would feel comforted and connected, lit with love!
~ Shannon Peck, Spiritual Life Coach, Author, Love Heals: How to Heal Everything with Love
- Pierre’s first book, The Gentle Art of Blessing (now in seven languages) helped readers discover a completely new vision of blessing and a simple practice which has changed the lives of thousands all around the world. This second book offers you a means of truly participating in the healing of the world – not to mention of yourself. It will enable you to raise your level of inspiration at the start of every new day and will slowly start changing even your relations to others.
~ Steve Farrell Worldwide Executive Director, Humanity’s Team
- What a labor of love your newest book is. Wow! Thank you for offering this to a hungering planet. Pierre’s life, and this precious book, are an invitation to abide in an affectional consciousness. He leaves no situation or relationship unblessed, modeling for us, a devotional practice that embraces our world in grace. Anyone who yearns to feel the presence of Love, will find it in the application of each blessing offered.
~ Sanford C. Wilder, Founder, The Educare Unlearning Institute and author Listening to Grace: Unlearning Insights and Poems
- “365 Blessings to Heal Myself and the World is a remarkable game-changing book. It is full of surprises and original insights which have the effect of changing your perspective on life, spiritual reality, the transformation of the world and your own power to be an agent of blessing. You will find you won’t be able to stop blessing everyone and everything in your life.”
~ James O’Dea is former President of the Institute of Noetic Sciences and celebrated author, activist and mystic.
- “This beautiful book can help you to realize that blessings are all around you, and even more importantly, that you are a blessing.”
~ Frederick Burks, Executive Director, Public Education and Empowerment Resource Service (PEERS)
- “I really like the layout of this book, with a short introduction and bite-sized prayers for each day. It’s the perfect way to start your day, even if you have very busy mornings. The prayers come from all cultures and walks of life, which brings sense of global continuity to the book, and there are prayers for everything! Prayers for the homeless, jobless, and sick; prayers to overcome struggles; prayers for various family members and community members….each day it’s something new, and that really brings your focus upon some small piece of the world for that day…a piece that maybe you’d been missing out on before.”
~ Yvie F, Educator, recommends strongly
- “Although I have read quite a few spiritual style books before I have never really come across the term blessings before so I didn’t know what to expect at first. This is a really interesting book with a good foreword at the beginning and before each daily blessing. I now interpret the word blessing as a prayer and of course there are 365 of them, from many diverse backgrounds and covering many people and or situations. I cannot say that I have diligently read the whole book from start to finish but I have read a fair bit and I have come to the conclusion that I would not use it daily but would prefer to dip in and out of it especially if there was a certain situation that was troubling me and I could find a relevant blessing. I think this book has the ability to maybe not change your life immediately but certainly to change your thinking which will eventually impact on your life.”
~ ANNE R, Reviewer
- “This is a beautifully written book with some lovely blessings for every day of the year. All the blessings vary in tone & message and puts a in a great head space to start the day. I am enjoying using these blessings every day.”
~ Lindsay A, Reviewer
- “I love the idea of blessing every day. This book is filled with blessings for everyday of the year. It is beautifully written. I can’t wait to purchase a hard copy of this book for my nightstand, so I can read it every day. Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion of it.”
~ Rose Frum (Netgalley Reviewer)
- “Possibly one of the most beautiful books to use to heal not only your life but others. This is the perfect way to start or end each day. My way is to pick up the book and simply let it fall open on any page, because in my opinion, what you find when the book falls open like this is what you need to enrich your life at that moment in time. Obviously, we each have our own methods to absorb books especially those we use to enrich our lives. Yours might be to start on Day 1 and work your way through each day until you reach Day 365. Pierre Pradervand has a fascinating story to tell of how this book came to be written. His story resonated with me and now, thanks to not only reading about his life but absorbing these blessing have helped me find peace within myself for past hurts and as I work through the days, it will become easier. What convinced me that the book could benefit me is that Pierre Pradervand has included blessings from all religions. For me, some of the most powerful come from the North American Indians and I offer a very special blessing that not all the knowledge of this very deeply spiritual nation was not wiped out when other humans moved to the continent. You will not regret owning a copy of this book. Hopefully, like me, you will find daily peace while working your way through the 365 blessings.”
~ Rony G Cambell, Breakaway Reviewers
- “365 Days of Blessings to Heal Myself & the World by Pierre Pradervand is all about how blessing everything can transform your life and the world. This idea takes the concept of gratitude and flips it on its side. Blessing things go a step further than simply being grateful. Blessings give thanks and appreciation for the existence of everything- it’s about simply recognizing them for what they are and not necessarily what they can give you in return. Blessings allow you to see the divinity in all creations which can bestow happiness and goodness upon everything. To bless people and situations that are challenging is the ultimate form of giving because you remove your ego from the act, making blessings the highest octave of selflessness. At first I was a little skeptical, but I experimented for a couple of days- waking up first thing in the morning and blessing my day and my family, and everything I experienced during the day. I have to admit that it lightened my mood and dramatically shifted my perspective. When you bless everything that crosses your path you suddenly have no reason to be upset at anything. It helps you to accept things the way they are which brings a sense of peace. The days I experimented with this technique were pretty easy so I would be curious to see how this would work on more challenging days. Blessing your enemies and struggles is easier said than done, so I do think you have to train yourself in order for this to become routine. Is Pierre Pradervand being a little naive suggesting that every person can do this? I’m not sure, but I do think for the average person, wishing good for your opponents and challenges first requires a lot of inner work and self-reflection. The part that really drove home this practice was when Pierre discussed how blessings honour the unfolding of fate. When we bless things we acknowledge their presence in our life allowing us to fully surrender- which puts us in a receiving state. Blessings aren’t meant to be a material cure all, but they do help to align us to our path, because we remove the greatest obstacles from this path which is usually ourselves. The book then lists many blessings we can use in our everyday lives- from blessing ourselves, to our mail carriers, to the world, to our enemies, and so forth. Blessings from different cultures are also include. There does seem to be some memorization of these blessings that is required because how else would you be able to remember what to say? (*)I would have liked some more practical examples from others who have used these techniques to see how their lives have been transformed using them. Overall a beautifully written book on a practice that I believe will bring peace to many people around the world.”
~ Tanja Flanjak (Reviewer), NetGalley (*)Healing testimonies
Mentions in other publications –
Mystic Living Today ~ https://mysticlivingtoday.com/view_page.php?ID=2248
Global Love Project ~ http://www.globalloveproject.com/2018/06/you-me-i-you/
Video reviews ~